Wake up


 "Wake up"

Ignoring the voice I pull my blanket over my head.

 "Hey! Listen!"

"No, five more minutes." I groaned at the booming voice.

 "No. You are being summoned."

"Fine, ten more minutes" I rolled over and put my pillow over my head.

 "You have children to watch over."

I pull the blanket and the pillow down just enough to look for the booming voice. "Huh? What are you talking about?"

 "Over in Zyathé, there is ones who need your guidance."

I sit up, throwing the blanket and pillow aside excitedly. "Are you telling me that I finally get to take care of a group?"

"Two are ready, one is about to wake up. You are going to need to find at least one more."

Two pictures fall in my lap.


"Is that a centaur?"

 "The simple answer is yes"

"And the human.  She looks like somebody I should know."

 "She's not human. And no, she's not the person you are thinking of either."

"Wait, you said Zyathé? Do they even have centaurs?"

"Not normally, no, she's blood touched. Its complicated okay? Just call her a centaur."

"You said there was another one?"

"We can sense someone else, but they are still to blurry."

"And that I need to find one more?"

"..."

The disembodied voice was glaring at me. Great. 

"How many being do groups normally have?"

I stretched out my arms and wings. "I dunno."

 "You do realize that your inability to answer such a simple question is why we haven't let you be responsible for a group yet right?"

I folded my wings around me trying to hide inside them. 

"That and you have the record for the most failed attempts at passing the test. That you passed by one point the last time you took it."

I jump up and get dressed. 

"Is that? Is that what you are honestly wearing?"

I look down at my outfit. "What is wrong with it."

"... Nothing, nothing. At least you'll be invisible to your group."

I spin around.  "Seriously, what is wrong with my outfit? It's totally rad!"

"Rad? Like Earth 80s Rad? You're not going to talk like that when you guide them are you?"

"How am I suppose to talk?"

"How about how they talk?"

"How do they talk"

"You know nothing of Zyathé do you."

"Not really. I've heard of it.  There's this really cool wizard guy who doesn't like hats named Alphinius Goo over there right?" 

"It's the children have already bonded, its to late to get a new caretaker. Look, give me a little bit and I'll make sure you have everything you need to know to guide them"

"Bodacious!"

"Please stop talking like that."

Comments

Popular Posts