Straight dudes think they're too cool or too busy to learn how to cook, maybe There's a whole masculinity angle, I bet

WHAT

Um... 

no, my dad was straight, both of my ex's are straight, and heaven forbid the wife wants to cook in their house. 

However, both my dad's parents took turns cooking. 

My dad did make sure I knew how to cook breakfast, pasta, and bake.  He also made sure I knew how to follow a recipe, but once I showed I understood, I was banished from the kitchen unless I was making lunch or a snack for me and my brother.  If my brother learned how to cook it was after I moved out

I have literally been around the world,(California -Florida over water, Florida to Washington over land) I have lived in 4 different time zones, 5 states. I visited at least 9 countries, I have been exposed to COUNTLESS cultures and studied even more of them. 

Depending on where/when you grew up heavily depends on who cooks in the family.

In my adopted family, EVERYBODY cooks. There is six of of, we all have an assigned day, mine is Wed (though Blue tries to get one of the STRAIGHT MALE children to cook instead of me and Vix on our days because he loves to spoil us and is teaching them to spoil the women in their lives) and the kids are all boys, all straight 8-17

Really, I think we need to stop fucking assigning shit to things people need to know how to do in order to live on their own. 

Cooking is not the man's job

Cooking is not the woman's job

Everybody needs to know how, but once you live with other people, if one person LOVES to cook, let them cook, and if they want a break, have someone else cook. But it shouldn't be just one person/genders job, it should shared 

Comments

Popular Posts