Oh you are bitching about a law passed where you live?

Me: Are you willing to do something about it?

You: Yes! I plan to do this!

Me: Great, I'll help you!

I would like to note that screaming about how fucked up the law for that area every day tagging the location.  Constantly posting pictures of the actual document and explaining why it's wrong to spread the word via social media is doing something about it, and something I can help you with.  

But bitching to cry... or not wanting to put in that work...

Or 

You: No, I can't or whatever.

Me: So move.

You: What? No, x, y, z, are keeping me here.

Me: so what you are saying is that X, Y, Z is more important than your feeling about this law.

You: yes.

Me: fine. 

Or

You: NO! This law is disgusting and immoral...

Me: are you going to do anything about it?

You: No, I already told you

Me: so move

You: I can't! X, y, z.

-i would like to take a moment to point out that I have moved with less than 5 bucks in my bank account and no cash on hand, shoved what I could in my car, which yes, I know I'm fortunate to have, I've always made sure to have one. And I have left thousands of dollars of stuff behind to gtf out of a toxic environment.  Do not come at me about how much it cost to move.  Things are not a justified reason to stay anywhere to me. 

Me: okay fine, x, y, z... so you are okay with all your neighbors and places of business agreeing with this law?

You: yes, everybody has a right to their opinion

Me: fine

Or 

You: NO! This law is disgusting and immoral...

Me: are you going to do anything about it?

You: No, I already told you

Me: so move

You: but x, y, z!

Me:....

Look, you don't agree with the social norms where you live, you already said that x, y, and z is not as important and you either can't or won't do anything to change the law. 

You living there, refusing to move, knowing this information. 

You can move, you can. It is a valid option.

Screaming about laws and doing nothing to fight them is dumb. 

If you honestly have a problem with the law, fight it, or leave.

Laws need a majority vote in most places, which means that most of the people you interact with AGREE. 

Comments

Popular Posts