Ball game

I threw a ball at the wall and caught it after it bounced its way back to me, and did it again.  If you are wondering why am I doing this? There really is no reason, just something to do when I’m bored.  Something simple that gets my brain going, because if you think about it, there is a lot of math being done here.  The physics and formula, all the different variables that have to be accounted for, I could go on and on.  First time I went to college I actually sat down and tried to write out the proof.


I listen to the thud as the ball hits the wall with a certain satisfaction that I cannot really explain.  The higher almost squeaks as it bounces its way back to me is somewhat soothing.  If find myself smiling as I throw the ball again.


I lose time as I play this simple game, watching the imaginary numbers float and arrange themselves into formulas that explain the movement of the ball. I remember watching ghostwriter as a kid, something like that, but not quite.


This simple little game, with no real rules, no way of winning, just something to do, like writing about this game is just that, something to do. 

Comments

Popular Posts