Seaflower - 14


 "Sir, Seaflower reporting."  Tye spoke his voice the perfect exchange of how one should report.

"Very good, and you are miss?"  The Fleet Admiral turned his attention to the goddess.

"Sir," She bowed deeply, "I am the goddess of the sea."

He looked at her like he wasn't sure he had heard her correctly.  "What is the mission?"

"There is a,"  Tye looked at the goddess, "Lost civilization deep in Nikat.  I request permission to take my fleet to retrieve it."

"The lost city of the chosen?  That is just a myth."  The fleet admiral scoffed.

"Sir, I have it on good authority that the reason why we cannot fully explore that ocean is because of the protections in place."

"And you think you can get past these protections?"

"With enough manpower, yes, I can."

"You think you can find the lost city while trying to keep your nerves verses the many things that will be in your way?"

"Sir, I know where the city is.  I believe I know how to get past the protection."

"Even if you did make it to the lost city, what do you expect to find? I doubt there is anything there that would be worth recovering, worth a fleet anyways.  Maybe just your ship and its squadrons."

"THATS IT!"  The goddess slammed her hands on the fleet admirals desk.  "I will not have you insult me by denying my existence in my presence any longer.  Nor will I tolerate you thinking about women in that matter.  Women will be just as good sailors as men.  ”The goddess skin turned red with anger and the admirals desk turned to water.  Everything that was on or in it fell to the floor, including his feet.  "While I have never asked for any man to ever worship me, I expect a man in your position to believe that I exist and respect me.  To include not picturing me under your desk and on your lap.  I am a god, not something to pleasure you."  

 Tye was surprised that the fleet admiral wasn't cowering in the corner.  Tye watched the man try not to show his fear. 

"The reason why the navy has not been doing as well in your time is not because you are new to the job, or that you are not a descendent of my people but because I have not been able to do anything for the last 30 years."

"And why is that?"  The fleet admiral managed to scornfully ask.

"I know for a fact that you heard of my judgment day, I paid for that.  DAMN IT, I WANT MY PEOPLE BACK!  THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO LIVE AS YOU DO."

"If you really are the so called goddess, why can’t you just bring them back?"

The fleet admirals chair turned to water and then the water from the chair and  desk  came off the floor, surrounded the admiral like a snug blanket that went up to his chin.  He hovered a few feet above the ground.

"My goddess, allow me?"  Tye touched her shoulder softly.  She looked at him and stormed from the room slamming the door, the water released the fleet admiral. 

Tye lipped a short prayer, "I heard that." She yelled through the door.

Tye gave the man a few moments to regain some of his dignity, though he made no offer to help. "It is really unwise to insult a god, even worse to do it to her face."

The admiral shook water from his arms.  "Go, take whatever you want.  Hell, take the whole damn navy, a few armies if it pleases you."  The fleet admiral took off his shirt and started to wring it out.

"I only want my full CAG.  You swear you will not go back on your word?"

"I'd put it in writing if she had not just turned my desk in to water."  He didn't look at Tye.

"I'll get one of the enlisted guys to write the contract I want and then we will call you down."

"Get out of my office."

Comments

Popular Posts