Seaflower - 17

 


Crossing through the doorway the blinding brilliant light went away and there was only white with the exception of an old man sitting on a simple wooden chair.  Tye realized that there really wasn’t even a floor. Then he paid more attention to the old man in the chair.  He seemed very old, with wrinkle, paper white skin wearing something that was almost see-through and white.  Tye thought he looked ancient and wise, and was too impressed to know what to do or say.

The goddess threw her arms open as she approached him, “My brother, it has been far too long.” The love in her voice was very much like the tone she used when she spoke in private to Tye.

As he stood up he lost his years, “My love,” his arms were opened as he crossed the space, by the time they were embraced they both looked barely of age.  Had any other man hugged and then kissed her that way Tye knew that he would be jealous, but it was different with him.  Not sure what to do, he stood at parade rest and fought the urge to pray.

She must have felt the urge because she snickered.  “Dearest brother,” She said taking a step back, “let me introduce the one who will help me bring back our people.”  She looked at Tye when she said the word “our,” “Tyde”

The god finally turned his head to look at Tye who popped to attention.

The god’s eyes grew wide, “YOU!” his voice, no longer the loving tone he had just used with his sister but the booming voice that he had used with the priest. “HOW DARE YOU NOT ONLY STEP ONTO HER LAND BUT DARE TO SHOW YOURSELF INFRONT OF ME?” The god moved to Tye who’s years of training kept him still even though he was not only confused but scared.  The god punched Tye across the cheek before the goddess could stop him.  “How dare you take advantage of her like that, using her memory loss.”

Tye head snapped left with the punch, tears formed up and he saw a few black spots as he snapped his head back forward like nothing happened.

“What are you doing?”  The goddess cried out in surprise grabbing the god, putting herself between the two men that she loved dearly.  “Have you lost your mind?”

“Love, have you, can you not tell who he is? Or did he use his silver tongue to trick you while you were in…” He got into Tye’s face. “You’re a fucking moron, you jackass, had you been one of my people I would have killed you the second your wife thought about praying for help.”

“That is ENOUGH!” the pure white of the room turned to blackness as her voice rang out, “He is NOT Draven,” the good looked at her, “he is his son.”

While the good understood right away, Tye didn’t know what to think.  He knew that he had been conceived before marriage but he had never once thought that the man he called father wasn’t his actual father.

“My apology Tyde, you look just like him.”

“Who looks just like you.” Her voice had the same love in it that it had earlier and the room faded back to white.  The good smiled at the goddess.

“Loosen up man,” The god patted him on the shoulder and Tye shifted into parade rest which made the god laugh. “At ease, we’re on equal footing here.”  Tye went to attention and then took a casual stance.

“Brother, I have two things I wish to talk to you about.”  She took Tye’s hands in hers.  “One, two of your followers threw me overboard,” The good faced tensed up.  “We had them in the brig for 2 ½ weeks to get here.  I thought I would let you punish them since they do not worship me.  Don’t be too harsh brother dear, had they not done it I might not have gotten over my judgment day.”

“I’ll take that into consideration.” His voice was fierce.

“Second, is he really dead?  I cannot feel him.”

“He’s been in a tomb for 49 years, I can’t imagine that he’s still alive.  Why would he want to be? The god looked at Tye funny.  “Do you think he’ll be able to keep his men’s courage up to get past everything that you put to protect them? 300 years only makes the curses stronger.  The kind of creatures you put there only get more intimidating with age.”

“My men would follow me ito hell itself without asking for ice if that is were I lead them.”  Tye said with a serious face.  “I have very good leaders on my ships we pride ourselves on being what was in mind when the navy was created.”

“My armies could take a few leaves out of your book.” The god nodded in agreement. “is there anything I can do for you, my love?”

She smiled at him and took Tye’s hand, squeezing it, he didn’t get what was ment by that, but the god did.

Comments

Popular Posts