Seaflower - 19

 

Day was fading into night as they left the church.
“Why don’t you have a church?” Tye asked, looking over his shoulder to the grand building.
“I prefer a one on one relationship with my followers.  Buildings have walls, walls mean seclusion.” She laughed, “Seclusion means you have hypocritical priest making up stupid rules so no one can see you.”
“So the way you’ve been recently is how you have always been?” Tye thought about it.  “The classes on all the ships, the fights and then the one on one with those who need it.” The SeaFlower was in sight. “He doesn’t do that, does he?”
“No, he lets man put him in a building with a chain of command and very few ever see him.  Normally they stand before an open doorway and hear his voice.  He rarely does anything in person.  We have always had different views when it came to our followings.”
Tye stopped and looked at his ship, he looked over to the goddess. “What am I about to put my men through?”
She smiled at him, “Nothing that men with good intentions and a good leader can’t get past.”
“That’s not an answer that I will settle for.  I’m more than willing to risk my self and my men for you. I just want to know so I can prepare.  I don’t want to lose more than I have to, if I can help from losing any.”
“First were going to have to get a map of sorts… I think it is going to be the easiest part…” She looked over at him with sad eyes, “and the hardest.”
“I don’t follow.”  The bells rang him aboard.
“Well we have to find the purest blood line, and hope they will help.”
“how do we go about that?” Tye asked after they entered his chamber.  He picked up on olive color and fixed something about the hand.
“Still improving on perfection.”  She smiled like she always did. She walked to a sketch of a forest.  She stared at it with a frown, “Why did you draw this? And when?”
“I don’t know why, but it was a few nights ago.” Tye touched the sketch, “it’s a forest on a cliff that holds a small fishing village, or that was what I was thinking when I was drawing it.  Trees are fun to draw.” Tye frowned, “Oh, I get it.  Um, no I don’t know where this is, but one of my officers might have an idea.”
The goddess smiled.

Comments

Popular Posts