Seaflower - 20

 

A week later Tye was sitting in his confrense room. 

“I haven’t seen you or her all week captain.”  One of the officers winked at another and Tye cheeks turned red.

“Nobs, the only time you ever leave your room in port is to find a fresh girl.” Kracken joked.

“Counter, whats kracken’s number at?” Nobs asked

“He’s catching up to you.”

“I’ll never catch up, I like sleeping to much, that and I have to eat.”

“Hey, I eat!”

“That does not count as eating.  Nobs, what will you do when they let females on the ship?” Spoons asked.

“Keep one in my room like Old Man here..” Nobs slapped Tye on the back, “Oh man, I wish I could have females” Nobs started to say as he licked his lips.

“The time for females on ships is coming.” The goddess walked into the room.  She haad the same affect on the men as Tye did.  They all stood at attention. “At ease gentamen.”  She walked to the small table that stood in the middle of the room and touched her chest with one hand and the small box with the other.  A holographic globe hovered over the small box. “my applogizes men, I just figured you and your men wanted to enjoy being in port for a minute before we got ready to leave again.”

“I’ve been doing my homework, its more like you have been making a real man out of Old Man.” Tubes winked and a few officers started laughing again.  One gave Tubes a high five while Tye just blushed and shook his head.

The goddess cheeks flushed and she raised her eyebrows but looked down and that sent  the room into a roar of laughter.

“Come on guys.” Tye said trying to settle them down.  “there is a small fishing village in a cliff under  a forrest, that is where we find our map.”

“That sounds like one of my guys home.” Sandy spoke up.

“you remember where your men live?” Counter brow raised.

“my memory is better than just figuring numbers in my head Counter.” Sandy sounded a little offended. “I always ask my new guys where they are from.  One of them spoke of the largest cave ever turned into a village.  It’s on a tiny island overed in trees.  The nearest city being a full day’s sail.”

“Check this out Counter, Sandy, what is the kids name?”

“No clue,” Sandy laughed, “but I think I know which division he’s in.  I can get it by the end of the day I bet.”

“How bout three days to be on the safe side.” Tye nodded, “Then we will elave as soon as we are ready.  Pass the word onto the men.”  Tye was feeling a bit over confident.

“Just a minute boys,” the goddess spoke up.  They all fell silent. “Know that I can only do this adventure with you up to a point.  Then I will have to stand on the shores while you continue on, not being able to touch water.  I will not even be able to continue my classes anywhere but here.  The classes will have to be taught by my best student on each ship.  I’m telling you this now so if any one of your boys wants to be a teacher on this ship they and start working for it now.  As for the Test, Tyde can do them; I will make sure he knows how to jump ships like myself so my lessons will not go interrupted.”

“Wait, why won’t you be able to go near water?” spoons spoke up.  Tye looked at his men.  He wasn’t going to question her, but part of him was glad someone did.

“You see, when the protections were placed, I made it so if he forced me to go with him he would not find it.  The keepers would lay dormant for as long as I was on the waters.”

“So once you are on land without the intention of setting foot on the waters, these “Keepers” rule the seas?”

“Pretty much.” She nodded and then with a warm smile that filled the men’s hearts with courage that they were losing “The keepers are no match for men who have good intentions and great leadership.  Sadly you will lose men, but you have everything needed to get past the Keepers.”

Tye’s eyes fell on his goddess

Comments

Popular Posts