Glides of our lives - March 26


Hello, Xion (pronounced chee like cheeta and then -oh, or cheese for a nickname) would like to share her and her brother Goober's story with you! (Goober is said  like Goo as in gooey, then ber like burr its cold, because he's a freaking little goober, he gets called goobs for short and you better use he/him pronouns with him or he's going to bite you)




They both escaped the pouch on April 25th of 2023, though they are not even cousins.  Beyond that we do not know.  Xion is def a girl, I found her pouch.  Goober does not have a pouch as far as I can tell and has a spot on his belly he gets squirmy if I touch. Since I respect them, and have no real reason to be sure, its still up in the air.  He wants to be called a him though, he will absolutely bite you extra hard if you try to call him a her. He communicates mostly by nips and bites, unless he cant reach you, then he will make sounds... Xion is all noise, if she bites its because you aren't listening to her and she wants to be [in the pouch, in her hammock, in the dr pepper box, in backpack, in your shirt, just leave her wherever she is]!

They come from this breeder who does not keep their webpage up to date x.x call and or email them about what babies they have available!  there is a courier who brought me mine and if I get his permission I might share it publicly, BUT its his info, he has to say that is okay!

We got them last summer, and that story is a bit of a chaotic mess that I'd rather not share, lets just say while my babies came from the website shared, that is not who I ordered them from. 

Goober, got his name almost instantly, this little dude is absolutely fearless, I was taking them out of the cage the courier had and he ran up to my shoulder and was like "What's up?" and bit me because he did NOT want to get put in the new cage and even though it is highly recommended you interact with them as little as possible for at least a few days, he was not having it.  They have a soft carrier for travel (and temp home in the begining) and he wanted squishes any time i went near it. He bonded FAST, he also obeys commands and is quick to figure stuff out, then teaching Xion. 

Xion took a while to really bond, and it was more with my partner, she is such a daddy's little girl, I'm not even allowed to put her in the cage at night, she wants to wait for daddy to come home to do it, i will get yelled at and then bit if I try. (yes, they are six inches big and they run my life)

While Goober seems to kinda hate the camera, Xion cant get enough, if she goes to long without her picture taken she will bite me and then do a pose which is just as cute as it sounds 

We have several pouches and take them to SOME places like stores, school, cons (but with lots and lots of breaks) they love getting pet by strangers, to a point.

We have so many stories, they are like 5 year olds who know where the candy is and just aren't potty trainable (but thier messes are tiny) They love doing stuff that requires thinking like solving puzzles, opening things, attacking feathers and velcro (both sounds actually hurt my ears and i have moved offending items out of my room, well most)  and knocking stuffies that weigh so much more than they do or anything off high places.  I think they are half cats.... 

As far as food goes, sugies are omivores, they can eat so much stuff, there is a handful of items that are considered toxic, and since fully grown my babies weigh 85 and 100 grams, it doesn't take much.  Goober will try and then eat almost anything you offer him, except for honey or pumpkin seeds, Japanese curry, its just food  those three things are favorites of them both.  Xion is a picky eater, infact, we had to teach her how to eat worms and crickets, but her favorite food is CHEESE funny enough, that is not why its her name.  I named her for a char in a game. 

There cage is huge, and i try to let them have 1 hour of zooming in my sugar glider proof room at least a day... 

we almost always have stories about them, so a co worker of blue said we should start a blog or something called "Glides of our lives" and its been several months, but i'm finally sitting down to try.

I will prob pass admin rights to Blue so he can upload. I'm being lazy and using an old blog to start. 

but have some picures of babies :D

Stories will come later. 




















Comments

Popular Posts